This is really cold outside today. My car did not start for the 3rd time this winter. Frozen. A warming soup is alway comforting. Either your coming back from an outdoor activity or just because you feel that the cold is coming through you walls! -)
Winter = Soup
This week, I wanted to combine vegetables I usually have in a salad, and just have them in a warm meal. Another winning combination is curry and coconut milk! Love it!
In the background, you will also see some kind of muffins. They are not, it is just that at the cottage I only had those moulds! The are in fact mini-breads that I decided to make with the soup. Who doesn’t like bread with soup, gluten-free on top of it! Recipe will follow in my next post.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 organic potato
- 2 organic parsnips
- 5 organic carrots
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 organic garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic red lentils
- 4 cups (1L) of water
- 1 347ml can of organic coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- Coarsely chop your vegetables. Like on the picture, you don’t need to peel them to remove the fibers and vitamins. Just wash them, it’s faster!
- Then in a medium pot, heat some oil and stir in all your vegetables.
- Add the lentils, the curry powder, the salt and the pepper.
- After 5 minutes, add in the water 1 cup (250ml) at the time letting it boil in between each additions.
- Then put in the coconut milk and continue the cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, put it in the blender or use a stem mixer to cream it.
- Serve and keep warm!