January is alway a time for a desire for a change in our diet. We have a need to clean our system from all the excess we made during those two weeks holidays. January 1st is a drastic cut and January 15th is a drastic come back to bad habits. Because we have cravings for bad food.
Today, I hope my recipe will help you go through your craving for chocolate more easily. It has no added sugar and no added fat but it is very chocolaty! 🙂 I used an avocado to add some smooth texture and the dates to add some sweetness. But dates are not only sweet, they do contain fibers which are important to weight loss. The chocolate chips I used are 70% dark chocolate, which is considered as being healthy. You should not cut everything if dieting, but the point is “Choosing the right food” and “Choosing a good Quality of food”. By doing that, you make it easier for you to succeed!
When I took them out of the oven, just the smell attracted my little mice! 🙂 By the end of the afternoon, half of them were gone! 🙂
For 24 cookies
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-17 minutes
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of organic ground flax seeds
- 1 cup + 6tbsp. (250ml+90ml) of water
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of organic oat flour
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of organic almond flour
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of tapioca starch
- 2 tsp. (10ml) of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic cocoa powder
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic 70% dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 1 organic ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax seeds with the water and leave it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Put the chocolate chips in another bowl and melt them in the microwave for 1 minute and stir. Put them back in for 30 seconds and let the rest melt by itself. After that it could overcook and it would ruin your chocolate.
- In a small pot cook your dates with 1 cup of water for about 5 minutes, or until it turned into puree.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat flour, the starch, the almond flour, the baking powder, the salt and the cocoa powder.
- Mash your avocado and put it in a big bowl.
- Beat it to get a smooth texture. Add in the date puree and continue to mix.
- Mix in the melted chocolate and the flax seeds until you have a smooth texture.
- Incorporate the flour mix, the walnuts and the almond milk and continue to mix until it’s all well incorporated.
- On a cookie sheet, put about 2tbsp. of batter for each cookie and put it in the oven for about 15-17 minutes depending on your oven.
- When you take it out, let the cookie cool for about 5 minutes and transfer them on a wired rack.
Enjoy! But let them cool a bit before!!!