Last weekend, after our snowstorm, we put on our snowshoes and went to get our Christmas tree in the woods. It is not a perfect one, but it comes from the nature. The kids love this tradition we started a few years ago and now they count the day before we go and cut it. It was a bit cold that day but not as much as our -30ºC we are having today. When we came back, it was time for hot chocolate and cookies.
I like to have molasses cookies around that time of the year, it really smells the holidays! This cookie recipe is really soft and chewy, and they are Gluten-free, that’s a great advantage for my daughter. As soon as they came out of the oven, the kids came around me to get a bite of them! :-)
For 20 cookies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes.
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic grounded flax seeds
- 3tbsp. (45ml) of water
- 1 cup (250ml) of sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic millet flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic almond flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic corn starch or tapioca starch
- 1tsp. (5ml) of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 40 ml of organic coconut oil
- 40ml of vegan butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml)of organic blackstrap molasses
- 2 mashed organic bananas
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seeds and the water and put aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, put together the sorghum flour, the millet flour, the almond flour, the corn starch, the baking powder, the baking soda the cinnamon and the salt.
- In another bowl, mix the butter, the coconut oil, the brown sugar the bananas, the flax seeds and the vanilla until you get a smooth texture.
- Incorporate the flour mix in the banana and mix until you get a nice batter.
- Put about 1 tbsp. (15ml) of batter on a cookie pan and put it in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- When you remove them from the oven, let them cool for about 5 minutes before you transfer them on a wired rack.
Enjoy them but don’t forget to leave some for Santa!!!