It’s 6:00pm. Nothing on the stove cooking. Nothing on the countertop. Kids start asking what’s for supper and I have no clue what I’ll make. An all in one meal is the solution. Soup is always a “Solution”. In the summer I make salads, but when it’s -15ºC outside, you need something warm.
So I looked again to what I had in my fridge and roots vegetables are alway in hands in winter. Few ingredients, but lots of flavour. If you like celeriac, you will like this soup. The taste is very present, as it is already very tasty raw. I also used parsnips, an onion and white beans for the proteins. Simple and alway a winning solution for when you have little time. I could also call this category: 4 ingredients – 30 minutes! 🙂
The reason why the soup colour is not white here is because I added turmeric and nutritional yeast (for B-12 vitamin). Omit that and you will get a lighter colour if you want.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time:20 minutes
- 5 organic parsnips
- 1 organic celeriac
- 1 organic yellow or red onion
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic white beans
- 6 cups (1.5L) of water
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of turmeric
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper
- Coarsely chop all your vegetables.
- In a pot, over medium heat, stir in your onion, the parsnips, the celeriac, the white beans, the turmeric, some salt and pepper. Cook everything for about 5 minutes.
- Gradually add in the water and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Blend your soup with a hand blender until you get a smooth texture. Add more water if you need to. Adjust the salt and the pepper if needed.
Supper will be ready in minutes!