I just love veggie paté. It is such an easy recipe to make! For the upcoming holidays, it is something that can be put on the table for a brunch, or can be served on an antipasto plate.
During the week, you can have it cold in a sandwich or warm with a salad with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
There is a huge variety of patés you can make. If there are some spices you prefer, just change it or if you like it more spicy, just add more chili, it’s at your taste! It can also be frozen for future use if you find you have too much. I just like picking at it when I’m a bit hungry on a cracker before supper. 🙂
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic grated carrot
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic grated potato
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic sun dried tomatoes
- 1 organic red onion (or yellow) cut in 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of water
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) of hot chili
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- In the food processor, put the carrots, the potatoes, the sunflower seeds, the walnuts, the almond butter, the sun dried tomatoes, the onion, the water, the sunflower oil, the coconut oil, the sesame oil, the curry powder, the hot chili, some salt and pepper.
- Blend everything until you get a paste. It is better to pulse if you want to control how smooth you want it.
- Put you mix in and 8″x4″ greased oven dish and cook it for about an hour or until you see a golden crust. I lined my dish with a parchment paper to remove it more easily and to make sure I have it in one piece.
- When you remove it from the oven, let it cool completely before unmolding it.
- You can keep it about one week in the fridge or freeze right away.
I am sure everyone will enjoy it!