Nice morning breakfast! Even the most scepticals loved them. It is a vegan and gluten free version of my traditional pancakes. They also have a really nice taste of banana. I added frozen fruits (that are not as expensive as fresh ones, especially now!). My kids love fruits in their waffles also, but it will be in a future recipe if you want! :-)
They are nice for a brunch during the holidays. Just cook them in advance and warm them last minute. You can also put them in the toaster for a quick morning breakfast. Just make them ahead and freeze them. This recipe is for a large amount but they wont waste, it can also cut it by half.
For 26 pancakes or 6 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes/pancake
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) of organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic millet flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic almond meal
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of organic corn starch (or tapioca starch)
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of chia seeds
- 3 tbsp.(45ml) of hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of salt
- 2 tbsp. (10ml) of baking powder
- 3 cups (750ml) of almond milk
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of organic sunflower oil
- 1 mashed organic banana
- 1tsp.(5ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- Frozen fruits (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries…) (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, the quinoa flour, the millet flour, the almond flour, the corn starch, the chia seeds, the hemp seeds, the baking powder and the salt.
- In another bowl, mix the mashed banana, the almond milk, the maple syrup, the vanilla, the sunflower oil and the vinegar.
- Incorporate your liquid to your flours and mix until you get a smooth batter.
- Over medium heat, spread a bit of sunflower oil with a paper towel on your pan and pour in approximately 1/2 cup (125ml) of batter. At that stage, I add some fruits on top. When you see that your pancake has little holes and seems dry, you turn it down. and you cook until it’s golden.
- The last step: you eat it with a bit of maple syrup and enjoy!