You might be wondering what happened with the other half of my big cauliflower. With one half I had made my cauliflower salad, and now I made a nice creamy soup with the other one. This soup is so velvety, it is another great meal idea for Thanksgiving or the holidays.
Even for a weekday like today, it is so great, my kids loved it, even though I think I went a bit strong on the pepper. 🙂 Give bread and life is great! 🙂
It is a very easy soup to make and can even be frozen, so you can make as much as you want. As you will see, not too many ingredients so no reason not to make it!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- A bit of olive oil
- 1 medium (about 4 cups) organic cauliflower
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 small organic potatoes
- 6 cups of water
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, heat the oil and stir in the onions.
- Add the potatoes and the cauliflower coarsely chopped and cook them for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Put in the water one cup at the time and bring to boil, add some salt and pepper. Let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Once the vegetable are cooked, blend with a hand blender until you get a smooth texture. If you need to, adjust the seasoning.
- You will get a nice soft and smooth soup.