Sometime the easiest way for kids to eat their vegetables are if they are raw, especially cauliflower that doesn’t have much smell raw but when it’s cooked sometime children will rather avoid it. This recipe is one that my mom makes a lot and I really like it. You can make it in advance so the vegetables can marinate a bit in the vinaigrette or just a few minutes before you decide to have it.
Today I had it for lunch with a vegan sandwich made out of vegan deli slices, hummus, avocado and salad. It was really a great quick lunch but also very tasty! Yummy!!!
The holidays are also coming and I am sure you are starting to think about what you’re going to make. Salads are really great in make ahead meals. They are also great if you’re doing a brunch and want something else than lettuce. You can have a variety that I call “Fridge to table”. So nice I so quick to set up everything for your guests.
So for this cauliflower salad, you make the amount you need and if you have leftovers, you can have it the other guests the next day! :-)
Preparation time:10 minutes
- 1 organic cauliflower (I used half of mine because it was huge but you can take a medium one)
- 1 organic coloured bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic parsley, coriander or any herb you like
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of hemp seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Cut your cauliflower and your bell pepper in small pieces and put them in your salad bowl. The last thing you or your guests will want to have in their mouth is a big piece hard to chew! :-)
- Then you add the balance of the ingredient which are the olive oil, the vinegar, the herbs, the hemp seeds, the salt and the pepper.
- Stir everything well so your vegetables are well covered. Let it rest for a few minutes or a few hours before serving.
I am sure your family and friend will enjoy this recipe!