Another great recipe to make with a pumpkin is cookies. The thing when you cook your own, is that you will get the taste you want from it because you control the cooking. It’s also a nice cookie recipe to put on your Thanksgiving table or you can even bring it as a gift to someone who’s gluten intolerant.
There are things you have to verify though when you cook for others.
- Make sure your tools are really well washed and that there are no cross contamination with wheat flour or products that contain gluten.
- Use certified gluten-free ingredients. Even spices may contain gluten, so double check.
There is one thing for sure, it’s that the person who will receive this gift will really appreciate it.
For 24 cookies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15-18 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of gluten free all purpose flour (mix of white and brown rice flour)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 1 cup (250ml) of mashed Roasted pumpkin
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of almond milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a medium bowl combine the all-purpose flour, the sorghum flour, the coconut flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, the cinnamon and the salt.
- In a bigger bowl, mix the butter, the mashed pumpkin, the maple syrup, the almond milk and the vanilla until it’s all well blended.
- Add in the flours and continue mixing.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Place the batter on a cookie sheet.
- Place it in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden, depending on your oven.
- When they’re cooked, place your cookies on a wired rack to cool down.
By the time I settled with my camera to take the pictures, half of them were gone! 🙂
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Creme Brulee (glutenfreerecipebox.com)