I was going through my recipes I’ve posted since I started blogging and I realized I never posted my chocolate chips cookie recipe. Probably because I make it so often I just forget about it. My kids just love it and always ask for more.
So today, since it’s a cold and rainy day, I decided to make them and give you the recipe. I rarely use premixed all purpose gluten free flours because I like making my own. This one was a combination of brown rice flour, white rice flour and potato starch. It was to make it more simple, and maybe because I was a bit lazy. :-) It is also to show you that it is not that hard to bake gluten free.
Makes about 18 cookies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-18 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) of All purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup (150ml) of vegan butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of almond milk
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 3/4 cup (187ml) of organic chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (62ml) of organic walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a medium bowl, cream your butter and your sugar.
- Add in the almond milk and the vanilla and continue to beat.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda and the salt.
- Gradually add the flour mix to your butter and integrate the chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Put about 2 tbsp. of batter per cookie on a pan.
- Cook them in the oven for about 15-18 minutes or until golden. It really depends on your oven.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
Short and sweet!