National kale day! That was my food for today and this recipe was a tough one for me. I retried it because if you had seen the result of my first attempt, you would have thought “Who’s gonna eat that.” But today, it really turned out good. The kale chips are not attractive so I did my best to make them look a bit tasty. 🙂
As soon as they came out of the oven, my daughter wanted to grab some. I told her to wait so I could take a picture, because it goes fast. At least it’s an healthy snack!
If I had a dehydrator, I would have done it there, so that’s why I made it in the oven. I also wanted to add a little touch to it, make it differently, that’s why I tried tahini. It was really worth trying it if you like sesame.
One little funny thing, today was really windy and when I was taking picture of the kale on the pan, it kept flying. That’s why the lemon is holding it! 🙂
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 bunch of organic kale
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of tahini
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of sunflower oil
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of organic lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 250º.
- Remove the stem from your kale leaves.
- In a big bowl, combine the tahini, the sunflower oil, the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add your kale and mix it well so your leaves get covered by the sauce.
- Spread the kale on a cookie sheet and make sure they don’t overlap. It will keep it’s humidity and won’t dry well.
- Put it in the oven for about 1 hour or until completely dry. You might need to turn the ones that don’t dry.