The cold has hit my two sons. What better and most comforting food than a soup. Especially if eating broccoli and cauliflower with some lentil is not the most appealing food for a 5 and a 7 years old child. 🙂 That way, no fight and no argument.
Soup is part of my weekly menu. Sometimes I don’t have time to make supper or simply that I don’t feel like doing it. Basically what you will need are the vegetables and water, it is a very low cost meal.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 big organic yellow onion
- 4 cups of organic broccoli
- 4 cups of organic cauliflower
- 1 small organic potato
- 1/2 cup of organic red lentils
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) of nutritional yeast
- 6 cups of water
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, heat some oil and stir in the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower, the broccoli, the lentils, the potato, the nutritional yeast, some salt and pepper.
- Put in the water one cup at the time until it starts to boil. Scrub the juices in the pot, that’s what will make your broth.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer to cream it.
- I served it with a piece of toasted bread that I rubbed with a garlic clove, then I spreaded some vegan butter on it.