That’s a quite long title. But it’s not complicated to make at all. This salad is just a reflect of summer in the freshness of it and the mix of flavours. When you make a salad at pretty much every meal, you need a change sometimes.
We tend, at least I tend to associate pesto with pastas, but in fact it can go in anything. I got last week from my local farm, quite a few carrots, a nice big bag of coriander, and I love salads, but this time I wanted to change the way I usually make it. I first thought about just adding the leaves to my mix as I usually do, but then I thought again about my pesto recipe I made last week and decided to make one for my salad. It event has a creamy look, which is pretty interesting .
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 15 minutes
- 6 organic carrots
- 2 cups (500ml) of organic coriander
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic walnuts
- 2 organic garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raisins
- Shred you carrots and put them in a salad bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse the coriander, the garlic, the walnuts and gradually add the oil until it gets smooth.
- Combine your pesto to the carrots and add the lemon, the raisins, the salt and the pepper.
- Let it rest for about 15-20 minutes if you can so all the flavour can blend well.