Last night, while I was in bed, I started thinking about supper for the next day wondering what to make. I thought about this tofu package and thinking that I haven’t had it in a while, there was my supper! But the question was, how can I make it different.
I used to make the following recipe with ground beef, but this time, with tofu, it was very good! It was fully approved by my four kids, which is really not the majority of the time, there is always someone who has to complain about something! 🙂
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 package of 454 of organic tofu
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic tamari sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of olive oil
- 4 organic onions
- 1 organic onion broth cube
- 1tbsp. (15ml) of curry powder
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of turmeric
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) of water
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. (5ml) of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic walnuts
- In the food processor, coarsely chop the tofu to get the texture and size of ground beef.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tofu, the tamari sauce and 2 garlic cloves. Set aside for about 30 minutes. It could be less.
- In the meantime, thinly slice the onions.
- Heat your oil on medium and cook them for about 20 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, the curry powder, the pepper and the flour then continue cooking for 2 more minutes or so.
- Put in the water, the rice vinegar, the nutritional yeast, the cranberries, the walnuts and the tofu then cook for 5 or 10 more minutes.
- You can have it with wild rice.