Sometimes it get so hot that the only thing you really feel like making and having, is a salad.
Today I had family over and I made a refreshing and crispy salad. I used lemon instead of vinegar to add flavour. In this recipe I give a certain amount for the ingredient, but it is just to give an idea of what you can put in a salad. As my mom said when she had it, she never thought of putting apples in a salad, that’s why I decided to put this recipe up on this post.
- 1 organic english cucumber
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 1 organic apple
- 5-6 organic radishes
- 3 organic celery sticks
- 1 bundle of organic spinach
- 5-6 leaves of organic kale
- 1 cup (250ml) of fresh organic coriander
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic italian parsley
- 1 stem of organic spring garlic
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 of an organic lemon (or more)
- 4 tbsp. (60ml) of fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
In a salad bowl, put all your fruit and vegetables dices and sliced. Add your olive oil and your lemon juice some salt and pepper. Mix it well and set it aside for about 5 minutes so your flavours mix together.
To add proteins you could also put some walnuts, or just seeds. This was really good!