On this hot summery day at the country, I decided to make another of my cookie recipe. I don’t know if you are like me but sometimes I run out of ideas. What can I put in my cookies for a change, and trust me, if I repeat myself, my kid will let me know that they are fed up to eat the same thing.
It’s probably my fault, we never have left over the next day unless I rework it. Except for pizza (healthy of course)! :-)
This morning, when I made this recipe, I was just all over the place and felt a bit disorganized. That’s why it took me a bit longer then usual to make. It was so hot and humid, with the oven on, it didn’t help. :-) But in the end, the scent of homemade cookies was a great reward.
It will give approx. 20 cookies depending on their size.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic oatmeal flakes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic coconut flour
- 3 tbsp.(45ml) of organic tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of baking powder
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of vegan butter
- 2/3 cup (166.6ml) of organic brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic grounded flax seeds
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of water
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 2/3 cup (166.6ml) of organic chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of pitted organic Medjool dates
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of organic walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seeds and the water and let it rest for about 10 minutes until it gets thick.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oatmeal flakes, the quinoa flakes, the brown rice flour, the coconut flour, the tapioca starch, the baking powder, the baking soda, the salt.
- Then chop the dates and the walnuts
- I another bowl, cream the butter and the brown sugar. Gradually add the oatmeal mix and stir.
- Then put in the flax seeds, the vanilla, the dates, the walnuts and the chocolate chips and continue to mix until it’s all blended.
- Place your cookie dough on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until they get golden.
- When you remove them from the oven, let them cool for 5 minutes before you transfer them on a wire rack.