I don’t know if you are like me, but sometimes the last thing on my mind when I get up is to make breakfast. Kids don’t care about that, They are hungry and want to eat the moment they see me. Also sometimes I have to rush out in the morning and the last thing I have time for is to make breakfast. Muffins are nice but a breakfast bread changes.
I also discovered coconut flour. I could buy my gluten free flour already premixed but I like all the different flavors I can get by making my own.
I knew about coconut flour, but I never worked with it. It is really good, but reduce the amount of sugar in your recipe because it is a bit sweet. In this case, I made the recipe and I added the agave syrup at last.
Preparation time: 15minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic flax seeds
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic oat flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of potato starch
- 2 tsp. (10ml) of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2 mashed organic bananas
- 1/3 cup (83 ml) of sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of agave syrup
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic walnuts
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax seeds with the water. Set it aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the buckwheat flour, the coconut flour, the oat flour, the potato starch, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt.
- Add the oil, the mashed bananas, the flax seeds, the agave syrup and stir until it’s all blended.
- Mix in the walnuts, the hemp seeds and the chocolate chips.
- Put the batter in a 4”x9” greased loaf pan and cook it for approximately 50 minutes.
- Let it cool on a wire rack.