These gluten free cookies are so surprisingly tasty, and so “Yum Yum” like my daughter said :-), that it is hard to believe that it contains a cup of legumes. This recipe was inspired by a french TV show “Cuisine futé“. When I saw it, I thought it was really a great way to make a healthy treat. I modified it a bit to make it vegan by replacing the eggs by flax seeds and water, and they are gluten free.
They are so healthy and full of protein that you could make them for breakfast by replacing the chocolate chips by dried fruits like raisins or goji berries, and reduce the sugar a bit. It is a good base for any variety of cookies.
12 big cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of pre cooked organic white beans
- 2 tbsp.(30ml) of grounded organic flax seeds
- 10 tbsp. (150ml) of water
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic whole brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. (5ml)of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of crushed organic walnuts or pecan
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax seeds with 6 tbsp. of water and let stand for more or less 10 minutes.
- In a small food processor or with a mixer, puree the white beans with 4 tbsp. of water. You would probably need less if you use canned white beans, the are so overcooked.
- In another bowl, combine the amaranth flour, the tapioca starch, the baking powder, the salt, the chocolate chips and the nuts.
- In another bowl, cream the coconut oil and the brown sugar.
- Then gradually add the flour mix, the white bean puree and the flax seeds.
- On a cookie sheet, make your 12 big cookies or more if they are smaller and place it in the oven.
- Cook them for approx. 20 minutes or until the bottom turns golden.
- Remove them from the oven and place them on a wire rack for 10 minutes to cool down.
The only thing left from this recipe I made… is the picture! 🙂