I also got in my basket swiss chards last week, and normally I cook them a bit in coconut oil and garlic, but as spring arrives, so does fresh vegetables.
In this case, the leaves were so beautiful I just could not cook them so I made a simple fresh and crispy salad.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 bunch of organic swiss chard
- 5-6 organic sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. of dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of hemp seeds
- Salt and pepper
- In a salad bowl, whisk the oil, the vinegar, the mustard, the salt and pepper to create an emulsion. That way I find it makes a nice creamy texture.
- Put in the swiss chard that you had previously cut in small pieces, the sliced strawberries, and the hemp seeds.
- Mix it well and set aside for 5 minutes before serving