My menu varies depending on the weather. Between the clouds and the rain, what’s better than a soup. In this recipe I don’t trick my kids, they know what they are eating without actually seeing it. For example, one like the flower of the asparagus the other one likes the stem, one will want to remove the mushroom and the last one will complain about the avocado. So to solve the problem I blend everything together and everybody eats it all.! 🙂
Also by using avocado, it make this soup really creamy and so delicious, it helps to bring out all the flavours.
The tofu is optional, but it adds protein to your soup. We like it nature, if you want, you can marinate it before.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 5 cups of water
- Sunflower oil
- 2 ripe avocado
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 cup (750ml) of diced organic asparagus
- 3 cups (750ml) of sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of nutritional yeast
- 454g of extra firm tofu
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot heat some oil to start cooking the onion until it starts to be transparent.
- Add the asparagus, the mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes. Combine the nutritional yeast, some salt, pepper and put in the water gradually. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the tofu in cubes and cook them in a bit of oil with salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are all tender, put them in a blender or like I did, with a hand mixer. Add the avocados and continue blending until you get a creamy texture.
- Serve it with the tofu and you have your meal ready in less than half hour.