It is sometime hard to make the others feel like they eat a different meal every day, but in fact they are having the same thing.:-) So I have to work on the flavour of the legumes, one of my daughter doesn’t really like the texture so it really has to taste good so she eats it.
A great way to add flavour is to work with fresh herbs and I usually use a lot of it, not just a few leaves. I know the green is not the most attractive, but it is very tasty.
I used basil and coriander, but whatever you like can be used. You should not hesitate by mixing herbs together, it makes a difference.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Organic sunflower oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) organic chickpeas
- 1 cup (250ml) organic white beans
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) of fresh coriander
- 3 organic green onions
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat you oven to 350º.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until you get a smooth texture. Make small patties, it will be easier to manipulate.
- In a pan with oil over medium heat, cook the patties approx. 2 minutes each side. Put them on a cookie sheet and finish the cooking in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve them with any side dish and there goes you alternative to meat.