That day was a bad case of empty fridge. I think the last time I saw it like that was when I washed it. I didn’t feel like going to the grocery store either because I spent pretty much all day cleaning my backyard so I thought I would just figure out something to do with whatever was left here and there and…. Pastas!!! This life saving food!
Tomatoes were saying “Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Just like in Shrek 🙂 A not too attractive onion, frozen vegetables and my recent discovery Rice cream from Isola Bio. It make a nice alternative to dairy products.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Coconut oil
- 3 organic tomatoes
- 1 organic onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups (500ml) of organic broccoli
- 156 ml of tomato paste
- 250ml of Rice cream
- Gluten free spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- Italian herb mix
- Hemp seeds
- Bring your water to boil to cook your pastas.
- Coarsely chop all your vegetables.
- Over medium heat, put some oil in a medium pot to cook your onion and the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the herbs and stir for another minute, then add the broccoli, the tomatoes and the tomato paste. If you need, add a bit of water depending on how much there is in your tomatoes. Add some salt and pepper.
- After 10 minutes, add your cream and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- When your pastas are cooked, don’t forget to rinse them if you’re using gluten-free, it’s a world of a difference in term of texture.
- Mix them in with your sauce and serve with hemp seeds if you want.