If there is also something I like about warmer temperatures is that we eat a lot of salads. I mean a lot! A salad for me is not only a mix of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers (which I like), it a way to empty m fridge, just like a soup. It’s also a way to make a quick supper or a colourful side dish.
Today I used a quinoa not as common as the white one, I used the black one. The texture is also a bit different and it has a more nutty taste, very interesting. Quinoa is also interesting if you want to reduce you grain intake since it is a seed very rich in fibers and protein.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of black quinoa
- 2 cups (500ml) of water
- 1 spanish onion
- 3 lebanese cucumbers
- 4-5 mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- In a small pot cook the quinoa for 20 minutes. Then let it cool a bit.
- In the meantime slice all the vegetable and press the lemon in a salad bowl.
- Mix all the vegetables, the quinoa, add the olive oil, the salt and the pepper. Stir everything well and let it rest for 5-10 minutes for best flavour. You can also make it ahead if you have guest and you want to spend time with them and not in the kitchen. 🙂