Mom, what can I eat? I’m hungry, is there something to eat? Those questions are part of my days, so something filling and healthy is what I alway look for snacks. Chewy granola bars are handy and they can be grabbed at any time a hole in their stomach has to be filled. (At least for a sometime short moment! 🙂 )
Preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of grounded flax seeds
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) of water
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic agave syrup
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic oat flakes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of quinoa flakes
- 2 cups of quinoa puffs
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Combine the flax seeds and the water and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Put together the flours, the xanthan gum, the baking powder, the salt, the oat flakes and the quinoa flakes.
- In another bowl, mix the flax seed mix, the sunflower oil, the sugar, the agave syrup, the vanilla and the sunflower butter.
- Add in gradually the flour mix to the liquid. Stir in the quinoa puffs, the chocolate chips and the pumpkin seeds.
- In a greased 8″x13″ oven dish, press in the dough and cook for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- When you remove it from the oven, let it cool completely before you transfer it on a wire rack. If you don’t wait until it’s cold, the bars won’t hold.