Making bread is always nice. What it smells like when it cooks, or just the fact that you can have some fresh oven baked bread, it is really comforting. We just can wait until it cools to have some, and it doesn’t take much time to prepare. A lot less time than wheat bread. I just bought sorghum flour, which is new to me, and I find it very interesting. I compare it a bit to rice flour. I have to make more recipes to really be able to work well with it.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Rising time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of organic ground flax seeds
- 3tbsp. (45ml) of water
- 400 ml lukewarm water
- 2 tsp. (5ml) active dry yeast
- 150g of organic quinoa flour
- 150g organic sorghum flour
- 150g organic brown rice flour
- 2 tsp. (10ml) xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. (5ml) salt
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) sugar
- sunflower seeds for decoration
- In a small bowl, combine the water an the yeast and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Do the same with the flax seeds and the 3 tbsp. of water.
- In the meantime, in a big bowl, mix the quinoa, the sorghum and the brown rice with the salt and the sugar.
- Combine the flour and the water with the yeast and mix for approx. 5 minutes. You will get a sticky dough.
- Put the dough it in a 9″x5″ greased loaf pan, sprinkle it with the sunflower seeds and let it rise for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour. I usually put it in the microwave with a cup of hot water. It helps to keep the place warm and humid so the dough rises better.
- Preheat your oven to 400º and cook for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove your bread from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan and place it on a wire rack.