Yesterday I came to make some bars for the kids as we had none left, but what a surprise! No nut butter to put in my recipe. So I decided to try to make some with sunflower seeds and try to see how it turns out.
It is so easy to make and it really takes 5 minutes to make, less time than it take to go to the store and buy some.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of raw organic sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Put the sunflowers in the food processor and mix for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sunflower oil, the maple syrup and the salt and mix again for about a minute.
- You will get about 1/2 cup of sunflower butter. Easy, don’t you think?