On sunday night, I don’t necessarily feel like cooking, but still feel like having a good meal. And what else than pastas makes everybody happy!
I wouldn’t call my dish a “Caponata“, this great italian dish, but it was inspired by one of my favourite eggplant recipe. I had to do with what I had in the fridge and I had a few ingredients missing. But in the end, it turned out really tasty!
You can also freeze this recipe in muffin tin and then put it in a freezer and have individual portions ready for later.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Olive oil
- 1 organic eggplant
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 celery stalk
- 2 mushrooms (could be more but that’s what I had! 🙂 )
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sun dried black olives
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Gluten free pastas
- Part skim mozzarella cheese (To make it vegan, you could use the Daiya cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Chop all the ingredients. In a bit of oil, cook the onion and the garlic until tender. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 15 minutes. In the meantime, cook your pastas half the time indicated on the package, it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Mix the pastas and the vegetables and put it in an oven dish. Cover it with cheese and put it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- At the last minute, put it under broil to grill it.