Once a week, I like to put in my menu what I call a “One meal soup“. I made a few weeks ago my “Green soup“, today it was my orange soup. I like colours! I need variety in my weekly meal plan so I don’t feel like I always eat the same thing.
It is also convenient when you want to make your meal ahead of time or simply if you don’t feel like making supper. I decided to serve it with my gluten free corn muffin.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 5 cups (1250ml) of water
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 6 organic carrots
- 1 cup (250ml) of orange juice
- 1 potato
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of red lentils
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of white beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of curry powder
- 1 cube of organic vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot over medium heat with a bit of coconut oil, soften the onion. Add the garlic cloves, the carrots, the potato that were coarsely chopped, the lentils and the white beans.
- Cook them for 5 minutes. Mix in the curry powder so it covers the vegetables, then gradually add the water and the vegetable broth.
- Let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- With a hand mixer, blend the vegetables so it makes a smooth texture.
- Add the orange juice, the salt and pepper if needed.