I don’t know if it’s the same with everybody, but sometimes you just grab food you have, put it on your counter and ask yourself: “What can I make with that?” It was the same that day.
Kale cabbage is an amazing vegetable. The best way to get the most out of it is to eat it raw. In this pesto recipe I used coriander but you can use any herb you want, it all depends on what you have at home or what you feel like having.
Raw doesn’t necessarily mean cold. It this case it is just warmed in hot pastas.
Preparation time:10 minutes
- 4 cups (1000ml) of organic kale (I used purple)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup (83.3ml) of organic walnuts
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, pulse the kale and the coriander until it is finely chopped.
- Add the walnuts, the garlic, the olive oil and pulse again until you start to get a smooth texture. Put some salt and pepper.
- Adjust the oil to your taste.
- Mix it in your favourite pastas.