Coming back from the kids swimming lessons, I was a bit tired to make supper. Tofu meatballs are quick and good. Whether you’re vegetarian or simply have no ground meat out of the freezer, this can be a quick solution.
When we think about eating tofu, we associate it most of the time to small cubes or slices, made this way, it is a good alternative.
Preparation time: 1 hre 15 min.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 454 g of organic extra firm tofu
- 4 tbsp. of organic tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup of coriander
- 1/4 cup of italian parsley
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. of Chia seeds
- 2tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free bread crumb
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a food processor, pulse the tofu to finely chop it until it’s like grain. Finely chop the parsley, the garlic and the coriander.
- In a bowl, combine the the tofu, the herbs, the Chia seeds the olive oil and the tamari sauce. let it marinate for an hour.
- Add the egg and the bread crumbs. Prepare little meatballs.
- Cook them in a non stick pan in a bit of oil over medium heat.
- Then put your meatballs on a cookie sheet to finish the cooking in the oven for another 10-15 minutes. You can fully cook them in your pan, but I like the result of this combination.
- I served them with an asparagus salad and a celeriac remoulade