It seems that this week was really for cabbage, maybe because we’re still waiting for a spring that doesn’t seem to start. That vegetable we can find on the shelves of the grocery store throughout the year, but most likely eaten during the colder weather, make a nice colourful summery salad.
Eaten raw, 1 cup or 89g the red cabbage contains 85% (of D.V.) of vitamin C, 20% (of D.V.) of vitamin A and 42% (of D.V.) of vitamin K (good for the heart and the bones).
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 of a red cabbage
- 2 green apples
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of sesame seeds
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (22.5ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- Sat and pepper
- Thinly slice the cabbage. Cut the apples un small squares.
- In a salad bowl, combine all the ingredients together and stir well. Let it rest for 10 minutes.