It’s probably the view of all these bare trees on this spring day at the country that inspired me to make those nutritious bars, or maybe kids who were telling me again that they were hungry, but whatever was the reason, I ended up making this delicious snack.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of grounded organic flax seeds
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of warm almond milk
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of organic brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of blackstrap molasses
- 2 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1tsp. (5ml) of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic walnuts
- 1/3 cup (83ml) of organic raisin
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of hemp seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seeds and the almond milk, set it aside for 10 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix the coconut oil, the brown sugar, the molasses, the carrot, the flax seeds and the vanilla.
- In another bowl, put together the flours, the cinnamon, and the salt.
- Put the dry ingredient in the molasses mix and add the walnuts, the raisins and the hemp seeds.
- In a 9″x9″ greased bowl, I suggest you place the batter with your hands because it is hard to spread.
- Bake it for 20 minutes. Let it cool 5 minute before you transfer it on a wire rack.