A lot of people would like to substitute meat by tofu but think it’s hard to give flavor to it. It is just a matter of habit. In the beginning it was something we had to get used to, now, we even eat it raw, and like it. You can pretty much do anything with it and travel across the world with the spices and herbs you add to it. Today I felt like giving an oriental touch with the ginger and the coriander.
- 1/3 cup (82.5ml) of olive oil
- 250g of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (22.5ml) of fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 1 tsp.(5ml) of curry powder
- 398ml of organic coconut milk
- Baby Bok Choys
- 1 organic broccoli
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of fresh coriander
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Slice the tofu and place paper towel in between to remove the excess of water. I use a book to press and I leave it for about 10 minutes. In the
- meantime, I prepare the marinade by mixing the olive oil, the garlic and the ginger. Then cut the tofu into small cubes and add it to your marinade. Leave it for about 2 hours.
- In a big pan, heat a bit of oil and put in the curry powder, it will bring out the flavour. Mix in the tofu, the onion, the pepper, the broccoli, and cover the ingredients with the curry.
- Add the coconut milk, and cook for 10 minutes before you cook the Bok Choys. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Combine the coriander 5 minutes before serving, so you get the most out of the herb.