Gluten-free cookies are very expensive for the amount you get. With four kids, a box of chocolate cookies can be gone before I even mention it. So today I decided to make some so I can have one, and even that, they did not last until the end of the day. At least I can say they liked them.
For 24 cookies
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup of gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 5 tbsp. almond milk
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, not too long or it will cook and crystallize which is not good, or you can melt it in a double boiler.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, the baking soda, the salt and the chia seeds. In another bowl, cream the butter and the brown sugar.
- Combine the flour mix to the butter mix and add the chocolate and the walnuts.
- Mix in the orange zest, the juice and the almond milk.
- On a cookie sheet, place 1 tbsp. of batter and place it in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until you see the bottom starts to be golden.