This is a classic that I modified a bit. You can either make it creamy or just with oil and vinegar but I prefer this version.
The celeriac is good in vitamin B6, vitamin C, and contains very few calories, only 42 by 155g. It is better to eat this vegetable raw to keep the vitamin C.
- 1 celeriac (celery root)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) natural organic yogurt
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. (5ml) dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 of organic lemon
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- capers to your taste
- salt and pepper
- Peel the celery root and grate it either in a food processor or by hand. Add the lemon juice and the vinegar so it doesn’t turn brown due to oxidation.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt, the mayonnaise, the dijon mustard, the salt and the pepper to make the salad dressing.
- In a salad bowl, combine all the ingredients and add the parsley and the capers. Let stand for 15 minutes so all the flavours blend together.
Really easy to make and very tasty.