I love hummus, so do the kids, especially before supper. Sometimes I find it handy when there are not much proteins in our meal. It is also so good in sandwiches with grilled vegetables.
I usually put tahini, but because I already add the oil, I did not want to increase the amount of fat.
There are as many recipes as there are people doing it. It’s a basic
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 cup (500ml) of cooked organic chick peas
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of olive oil
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of water
- 4 organic garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and reduce to low heat to roast but not burn. Leave it on for 5 minutes and turn off the heat. Leave it for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend the chick peas and the water. Mix the oil and the garlic. Then add some salt and pepper. That’s it. Quick and healthy snack.