I sometimes buy veggie paté at the store, but with my family, we go through it in one lunch and as the kids grow, they eat more! I thought before, that it was much harder to make it, but it’s actually really easy and it doesn’t cost much at all. I try my best to have organic food, but nobody should stop themselves from eating vegetables because they are not organic, and this recipe contains a lot of it.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 1hr 15 minutes
- 1 finely chopped organic onion
- 1 grated organic carrot
- 2 grated organic potatoes
- 1/3 cup (83ml) freshly chopped parsley
- 2 organic garlic cloves
- 2 organic celery branches
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic grounded sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp (45ml) of organic olive oil
- The juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic tamari sauce
- Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper if needed
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor with the metal blade and pulse to mix all the ingredients. Not too much to still have a bit of a texture. Put your mixture in a 9″x9″ square oven dish for 1hr and 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely before unmolding it.
- You can serve it in an antipasto plate or in your favourite sandwich. You can also modify the ingredients to your taste.