There is something about the granola bars I like, it’s that they’re handy. Something I don’t like about store bought ones, is the list of ingredients. A lot of them contain corn syrup, and I have a big concern about the GMO’s, 85% of american corn crops are genetically modified (http://truefoodnow.org/campaigns/genetically-engineered-foods/), so I replace the corn syrup by “Organic raw blue agave syrup”, not as thick but it’s Ok.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30-35 minutes
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic rolled oat (gluten free if needed, like Bob’s Red Mills)
- 2/3 cup (160ml) of organic quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of grounded organic flax seeds
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of raisin
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic raw cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of ground ginger
- 1/3 cup (80ml) of sunflower butter
- 2 tsp. (10ml) of vanilla
- 6 tbsp. (180ml) of vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 100ml Organic raw blue agave syrup
- about 2 tbsp. (30ml) of water (more or less if needed, your whole mixture has to be moist.)
Preheat your oven to 350º.
Put all dry ingredients in a big bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the sunflower butter, the vanilla, the butter, the syrup.
Combine everything together and add a bit of water if needed. You need it to be moist.
You will need to put it in a 8″x13″ greased pan and lightly press your mix. I put parchmin paper, it is easier to handle.