Now starts the maple syrup season if you are in the northern regions. It’s a good reason to make this healthy breakfast and add this sweet taste of maple.
I added this new ingredient I found, to my pancakes, Chia Goodness. It contains chia, buckwheat, hemp, organic cocoa, raw organic cocoa nibs, dates, almonds, organic cane sugar, and sea salt.]
On top of having this good chocolaty taste in your pancakes, you add Omega-3, Omega-6, fibers, proteins and lots of vitamins and minerals.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 5-6 minutes
It gives approx. 11 small pancakes
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup (187.5ml) of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 (125ml) cup of gluten free baking mix (gluten free flour)
- 1/4 (62.5ml) cup golden cane sugar
- 1 tsp.(5ml) of baking soda (or 2 tsp. of baking powder)
- 1/2 (125ml) cup chocolate Chia Goodness
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (500ml) of coconut milk (So Delicious is the one I used)
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of vanilla
In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Then gradually add the eggs, the milk and the vanilla. Mix everything together until you get a smooth texture.
In a pan, pour 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. Cook them 2-3 minutes on each side.
Now add the maple syrup and enjoy!