Sometimes you run out of eggs and you think that you can’t bake. But by mixing flax seeds and water, sometime you can get the same result. This recipe if a good vegan, gluten free snack or even quick breakfast if you’re in a rush.
Flax seeds is a good source of polyunsaturated (good to lower the cholesterol) and Omega-3 (good for the brain) and lots more.
Preparation time approx. 20min.
You will need
- 3/4 cups (187.5) of organic chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup (187.5) of organic rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of baking soda
- 3 tbsp.(45ml) of grounded organic flax seeds
- 9 tbsp. (135ml) of water
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of melted organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic agave syrup
- 2 tbsp. (30ml)of vanilla
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic Medjool dates, chopped and pitted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chopped organic almonds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of chopped organic walnuts
- 2 tsp. (10ml) of cinnamon
- Organic shredded unsweetened coconut
Preheat oven to 350º.
In a small bowl, combine grounded flax seeds and water and set aside for about 10min. until it becomes sticky and lumpy like egg texture. That’s what we need.
In a big bowl, combine dry ingredients (flours, salt, baking soda, salt, cinnamon).
Then make a small hole in the middle and the add the wet ingredients (coconut oil, agave syrup, vanilla).
Mix it well, you might need to use your hands. The dough is pretty thic Add the dates and nuts.
Spread the batter in a greased 8”x8” baking dish. Don’t press too hard, even if it’s thick.
Sprinkle with the coconut.
Put it in the oven for 30-35 min.
It will come out golden.
Let it cool for 15 min.