I was looking for cookies that could replace store bought ones I usually got every week and the most important, fresh and healthier.
Industrial food usually looks for inexpensive ingredients that is also lower in quality.
In this case I used “blackstrap molasses”, it is higher in iron. In this case it meets 15.3% of the daily value recommendation for 15ml compared to fancy molasses that contains 6%, which is more than twice.
This is my recipe of the day that my kids loved. It took me about 15 min. to prepare.
For 15-20 cookies depending how big they are.
- 1 1/4 cup (312.5ml) of organic unbleached flour
- 1 cup (250ml) of organic spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp.(2.5ml) of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp.(2.5ml) of ground ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) of vegan butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml)of organic blackstrap molasses
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350º.
In a bowl, mix in all dry ingredients.
In another bowl, cream butter with sugar and molasses, then add the egg and the bananas. When it’s all well mixed, gradually add the dry ingredients.
Place the cookie dough on a cookie sheet, the amount you want depending on the size of cookies you want.
Place them in the oven for about 15min.
Quick and easy.